How We will use Your information
Please read the following section carefully, as it explains what personal information We collect about You and how We use this information.
Data protection law has changed in the UK with the Data Protection Act 1998 having been replaced with the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) from
May 2018. This Privacy Statement explains how We process your information and Your rights under both DPA and GDPR.
Pentagon (UK) Limited, trading as MoneySave Settlement Solutions, MoneySave Solutions, EuroDebt Financial Services and MyMoneySaveAccount, and its associated companies will use Your information only to contact You to discuss the provision of debt solutions, PPI reclaims services and other related services. Where the service You have requested is provided on Our behalf by a third party We will notify You of that fact. We will treat all Your Personal Information as defined by the DPA and GDPR as confidential (although We reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and We will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection
and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
Any information We collect and hold is used to help Us improve the quality of Our service, including electronic call recordings, scanned documents and secure messages between You and Us.
We confirm that any Personal Information which We collect about You, from which We can identify You, is held in accordance with the requirements of the DPA and GDPR. We use Your information only for the following purposes:
• Provision of debt management services, including debt counselling and debt adjustment
• Provision of PPI Reclaim and Unfair Relationship Services
• Provision of financial services and advice, including General Insurance Intermediation
• Debt administration and factoring
• Undertaking Know Your Client (KYC) checks
• To administer Our websites
• Accounts and records
• For the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders
• Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations on Our own behalf or on behalf of third parties (subject to Your consent)
When We contact You and collect Personal Information from You, You will be given the option to receive information from Pentagon (UK) Limited, trading as MoneySave Settlement Solutions, MoneySave Solutions, EuroDebt Financial Services and MyMoneySaveAccount, or its business partners by post, e-mail, SMS or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which We feel may be in Your best interests.In the event that You do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, You will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving information about such products, promotions or special offers from Us or Our trusted business partners.
We will not release Your Personal Information or that of any family/household members to any company outside of Pentagon (UK) Limited for mailing or marketing purposes without Your or their consent. You may unsubscribe from Our mail, e-mail, telephone or SMS contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail or SMS message with the word “STOP” in the subject line; by e-mailing Us at email@example.com or telephoning Us on 01234 836 352 between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Pentagon (UK) Limited group and to reputable third parties who will help process any account You may have with Us.
Pentagon (UK) Limited requires all such third parties to treat Your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
You should be aware that if We are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide Your Personal Information and/or User Information, We may be legally required to do so.
See “About cookies” section, for further details.
Any changes to this policy will be posted on Our website or notified to You in writing.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
The DPA and GDPR apply to ‘personal data’ We process and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities We are responsible for.
We must ensure that personal data shall be:
a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d) accurate and where necessary kept up to date;
e) kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We operate a data retention policy that ensures We meet this obligation. We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter where there is a legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so. For detail of our current retention policy contact Our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of Our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
In the majority of cases We process personal data based on Your contract with the Us. In other cases, We process personal data only where there are legitimate grounds for so doing.
To meet its Data Protection obligations, We have established comprehensive and proportionate governance measures.
We have our Own dedicated Data Protection Officer to oversee data protection compliance across the organisation through:
a) implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of internal Human
b) maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
c) implementing measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default including data minimisation, pseudonymisation, transparency, deploying the most up-to-date data security protocols and using data protection impact assessments across Our organisation and in any third party arrangements.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
You have a right to receive a copy of the personal data that We hold about You. We do not charge for this service unless We receive repeated subject access requests.
To obtain a copy of the personal information We hold on You, please write to Us at the address below or ring Us on 01234 836 352 and provide Us with Your details or ask for a Subject Access Request form.
Under the DPA you also have a number of additional rights in respect of your personal data. The Information Commissioner’s website provides guidance on these at www.ico.org.uk.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to:
Data Protection Officer
Pentagon (UK) Limited
7 Franklin Court
Priory Business Park
Bedford MK44 3JZ
You have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data We process:
1. The right to be informed about how We use personal data.
This Privacy Statement explains who We are; the purposes for which We process personal data and Our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data We process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the UK.
2. The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
3. The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases We shall make any amendments or additions within one month of Your request.
4. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where We have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
5. The right to restrict processing, for example while We are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as We have resolved the issue.
6. The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their Own purposes across different services.
7. The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where Our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact the Our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com for more information
about the GDPR and your rights under Data Protection law.
If you have a complaint about any data protection matter then contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively contact Our supervisory authority for data protection compliance (www.ico.org.uk):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to Your computer’s hard disk for recordkeeping purposes. Cookies can make the internet more useful by storing information about Your preferences on a particular site, such as Your personal preference pages.
We use the following cookies:
Cookie description & Purpose explained;
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
These are analytics cookies. These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
A functional cookie. This cookie is used to
enable core site functionality. It does notcontain any personal information and is automatically deleted when you close your browser.
debtcalc This cookie is used to track your answers if you use our Debt Calculator application; it stores a unique hash that makes sure the
answers you give on each page are linked together correctly.
Links to other web sites
This Privacy Statement only covers the web services offered from this site. Other websites are governed by their own privacy statements.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be kept under continual review, and changes may be made from time to time.