Understanding your credit report – protecting your financial future
Our collective aim is to provide an accurate assessment of your financial status from the outset of our relationship and to assess you vulnerability to identity fraud and irresponsible credit marketing.
- Consistency of data on your file (e.g. same spelling of your name, your financial associations)
- Residency at the same address (i.e. no evidence of skipping from several addresses, running away from historic debts)
- Any public record data like CCJs, historic bankruptcy orders & discharges or an IVA
- Your repayment profile on different credit agreements, including your mortgage, HP, utility payments and current accounts, including overdraft usage. These all have a bearing on your credit worthiness
- Your credit seeking activity, notably applications for short-term credit like payday loans
- Any attempts to use your identity for fraudulent purposes and how to deal with these to protect yourself
Once you’ve activated your membership you’ll have access to these great benefits:
- Email or text alerts for early identify fraud detection.
- Identity theft assistance and resolution.
- Unlimited online access to your Experian credit report.
- Free phone advice from credit reference specialists.
- Credit tips and tools to help you manage your finances.
- Access to your Experian credit score twice a year