We can help
We undertake holistic debt advice over the telephone to establish your circumstances and the most appropriate debt remedy that suits your circumstance and preferences allowing you to make an informed choice.
How you want to communicate with us is entirely your choice.
We are full members of the Debt Managers Standards Association (DEMSA). We are committed to treating customer fairly and delivering the highest standards of debt advice and debt management services.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide debt counselling and debt adjustment services and we are committed to delivering the highest standards of debt advice.
The financial review includes:
- Establishing whether there are emergencies or priorities ahead of your debts that need to be dealt with
- Determining your financial circumstances, the cause of these and your whether you would be considered vulnerable
- Separating your priority expenditure (e.g. mortgage, rent, secured loans, utilities, council tax) from the non-priority, including any arrears that you may with these providers
- Establishing a household budget using industry recognised ‘trigger figures’, this will determine whether there is a deficit
- Reviewing the unsecured creditors and lenders that you owe money to
- Assessing whether any legal action is pending or has been initiated (e.g. a county court judgment - CCJ)
- Assessing whether there are any assets that may need to be taken into account, this can include PPI reclaims
- Taking account of your preferences, to establish the debt solutions that you are eligible for
- Present the debt solutions available for you to make an informed decision that best suits your circumstances
Each of the relevant debt solutions above will be confidentially discussed by the debt adviser over the phone at a time to suit you.
In some instances the ultimate debt solution may be offered by an independent third party provider (e.g. a DRO competent authority for a Debt Relief Order or an Insolvency Practitioner for an Individual Voluntary Arrangement) and this will be made absolutely clear if you request that we refer you to a specialist provider.
We will make clear where fees are involved and where there are not-for-profit firms or charities that may offer a product or service where there a no direct costs to you. These are covered in the Information Sheet that supports each specific debt solution.
We will discuss impartial sources of information, such as 'Other options for paying your creditors'. This assists you in making an important choice regarding regaining control of your finances and the nature of the on-going support that you need, over the phone or on-line.
You will always be given the right of a 14 day cooling off period should you decide to withdraw from a debt solution with MoneySave Solutions. We offer a clear cancellation and refund policy.
We do not charge any pre-contractual fees.