Can I make a claim . . . How do I know if I have been mis-sold my PBA?
There are many reasons why a PBA may have been mis-sold.
If you agree with one or more of the following statements below it is highly likely MoneySave Solutions can help you to make a claim for financial compensation.
- The PBA account was automatically ‘upgraded’ without you providing consent.
- You were not offered an alternative free account.
- Your bank did not check your circumstances to see if you qualified to use the ‘inclusive benefits’.
- You attempted to make a claim on the policy only to find out that you were not covered.
- You did not receive an annual statement of account.
- You have been advised by your bank that in order to obtain the bank account you had to have the additional ‘benefits’.
- The bank added the cost or additional costs without your knowledge.
- It was advised that any mortgage application would be hindered if you did not apply for the offered PBA.
- The bank misled or pressured you into signing up for the account, i.e. they suggested it was an exclusive deal, it was a hard sell, or the costs were not fully explained to you.
- The bank increased the prices on the packaged bank account and did not notify you that they were going to do so.
- You have attempted to cancel the account, but it was forced to be kept open at the ‘packaged rates’.
- You were advised that applying for a packaged bank account, you could improve your existing credit score.